Birthworkers, you're invited to join Chantal Traub, maven doula & childbirth educator, and Lindsey Vestal, pelvic floor therapist for their groundbreaking workshop focusing on the 2nd stage of labor and the pelvic floor! Topics include:
- What is the second stage labor? What’s really going on with the pelvis, the baby and the pelvic floor?
- How birthworkers can better support "pushing" (with or without an epidural)
- Pelvic anatomy + our sacred geometry
- The dance between the baby and the bony pelvis
- Breathing techniques
- A movement to support our own understanding of our pelvic health
- Should we tell our clients to automatically do “kegels”?
- Exercises to strengthen and protect against pelvic floor trauma
- Pushing, labor positions and breath: the “how to”
Throughout Lindsey and Chantal's careers, they have focused on the second stage of labor and protection and healing of the pelvic floor. This 3-hour workshop will dive deep into this sacred and essential aspect of labor. Bring your questions and dress comfortably.